So this will mark my 9th month of not applying aluminum based deodorant. The mainstream deodorants out there are heavily toxic! They all include ” Aluminum ” which is a metal and it is used in deodorants to temporarily block your sweat glands from perspiration. Your underarm pores are visible and overtime, all that medal seeps through your pores. Sweating is good for the body! It’s your bodies way of ridding itself out of toxins. Instead, millions of people have been brainwashed that sweat is bad and that we must slather our armpits with antiperspirant deodorant. It’s pretty sad really how we have been brainwashed. Commercialized deodorants also have been linked to breast cancer, and many other diseases.
Don’t you want to be on the safer side? It’s only common sense that if you feed yourself right, you should also want to treat your appearance as well with the right things like haircare products, skincare products..etc. Really, just be mindful on the products you do use on your body. If the ingredients on the back just sound too hard to pronounce, then ditch that product out and find a natural alternative.
I’ll admit, the process was and is still scary. I am a huge sweater. Like, I can sweat even without doing any hard work. I haven’t personally found a deodorant that REALLY works for me yet. The journey still continues. Here are some of the ones I have tested out. I will rate them from top to least favorites.
- Primal Pit paste ( Lavender ) – This is the one I am currently been wearing at the moment. It has a subtle scent, not at all overpowering and seems to only work half the day and you have to reapply again. I would give this a 7.5
- Schmidts ( Bergamot – Lime ) – This has a really nice lemony scent. The thing I don’t like about this deodorant is it makes my underarm itch. A little product goes a long away. If I put too much, it starts clumping. I would give this a 5
- Zatik ( Lavendar sage ) – This smells okay. It’s advertised as a lavender scent but I don’t get much of that scent. It smells very plain. Doesn’t do the job at all at keeping the sweating or smell at bay. I would give this a 4
- Soapwalla Deodorant Cream ( citrus ) – I liked using it at first but the application just annoyed me. I’d get my hands dirty because you have to apply it with your hands and the citrus smell just did not work with my body chemistry at all. I would give this a 3.5
- Kiss my Face ( Patchouli ) – I envisioned the smell to be nice and subtle. The smell was just so overpowering and it bothered me. I would give this a 2
- Jasons ( Fresh cucumber ) – JUST NO.NO.NO.NO. Smells absolutely horrible. Would not suggest to anyone. I don’t know how this was advertised as fresh cucumber? Gave this a zero.
Have anyone of you lovely readers tested any of these deodorants or have any suggestions? I’d love to hear your feedback!