I love to snack! I don’t know how people can just eat three meals and not snack. I love looking forward to snack time. I eat my three meals but also fit in my 3 snacks. My routine is usually like this. I’ll have breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, and snack. It will all really depend on what’s going on that particular day and how busy I am. My recent snack obsession has been homemade guacamole with blue corn chips. I prefer homemade guacamole than any other store bought brand . The store bought Guacamole just doesn’t taste nowhere as good as when I make it.
Guacamole is super healthy. I can eat a whole bowl of it without realizing it. But hey, it beats any junky snack that’s available. I’ll keep telling myself its the good fat so no worries ;). This recipe is super simple and super delicious as an appetizer, snack, and hell, even as a sandwich spread!
- 2 Fresh ripe avocado
- 1 Lime
- Bunch of Cilantro
- 1 Red onion
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 Tomato
- Black pepper, Cayenne pepper, salt to taste
- Go ahead and chop your ingredients up, I’ll admit, it makes it easier to use a food processor and let it chop finely.
- If you are using a Food processor to chop your ingredients, make sure to add some squeezed lemon juice so it can get even more flavorful.
- Place your finely chopped mixture and add it to the avocado in a separate big bowl.
- Once you have all the mixture in with the avocado, put a tablespoon of black pepper, cayenne, salt, and a tad squeeze of lime juice and mash it until you get a desired creamy texture.