I Hope everyone is having a lovely week. Today’s post is all about eggplant! Since I don’t eat meat, I find that eggplant replaces that meaty texture and is a great substitute. I see a lot of recipes incorporating eggplant in dishes that would call for meat. Eggplants are a much healthier alternative! Eggplants are a very good source of fiber, vitamin b1, copper, vitamin K, and vitamin b6. I am going to be sharing with you one of the ways I love to prepare my eggplant, and all it calls for is some garlic, parsley, and olive oil. One of my all time favorite way to eat eggplant is babaghanoush ( basically eggplant blended with tahini ). Be sure to look out for my simple easy babaghanoush recipe I will be posting very soon! Lets give eggplants some love 😛
- Medium sized Eggplant ( cut into thin slices, the thinner the faster it cooks )
- Chopped garlic
- Extra virgin olive oil ( for flavor )
- Black pepper, salt for taste
- Slice your eggplant into thin slices ( The thinner the quicker it cooks )
- Gather a small bowl and mix tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, chopped garlic, and parsley, black pepper, and salt.
- Go ahead and brush your eggplant slices with the mixture and heat up your pan.
- Place the eggplant slices and let it cook.
- You will know when the eggplant is done cooking when it gets a rich brown colored and is soft and starts smelling beautifully 😉
- Go ahead and enjoy. If you are feeling a bit naughty, sprinkle with some mozzarella cheese or parmesan!