This is a super easy and simple recipe that can be eaten for breakfast, lunch, dinner or hell even snack! Super easy to include whatever your heart may desire! Also burritos are a great addition to your meal plan as it’s very easy to include lots of greens in and take less than 15 minutes of your day to make! Check out the video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH3adCumU18
Check out an easy and super healthy red lentil soup with kale & Broccoli video recipe! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrTmfEo5yJk
I Hope everyone is having a lovely week. Today’s post is all about eggplant! Since I don’t eat meat, I find that eggplant replaces that meaty texture and is a great substitute. I see a lot of recipes incorporating eggplant in dishes that would call for meat. Eggplants are a much healthier alternative! Eggplants are a very good source of fiber, vitamin b1, copper, vitamin K, and vitamin b6. I am going to be sharing with you one of the ways I love to prepare my eggplant, and all it calls for is some garlic, parsley, and olive oil. One of my all time favorite way to eat eggplant is babaghanoush ( basically eggplant blended with tahini ). Be sure to look out for my simple easy babaghanoush recipe I will be posting very soon! Lets give eggplants some love 😛
- Medium sized Eggplant ( cut into thin slices, the thinner the faster it cooks )
- Chopped garlic
- Extra virgin olive oil ( for flavor )
- Black pepper, salt for taste
- Slice your eggplant into thin slices ( The thinner the quicker it cooks )
- Gather a small bowl and mix tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, chopped garlic, and parsley, black pepper, and salt.
- Go ahead and brush your eggplant slices with the mixture and heat up your pan.
- Place the eggplant slices and let it cook.
- You will know when the eggplant is done cooking when it gets a rich brown colored and is soft and starts smelling beautifully 😉
- Go ahead and enjoy. If you are feeling a bit naughty, sprinkle with some mozzarella cheese or parmesan!
I typically grocery shop twice a week. I like shopping for fresh produce every two days and so during the week if I have time. We have a small refrigerator and you could only pack in so much. My grocery list every week consists of bananas, garlic, onions, spinach, kale, avocados, and whatever type of vegetables/fruit that happens to be on sale. I got lucky this week and got a bunch of reasonably priced fresh zucchini ( squash ). In this post, I am going to be sharing with you one of my favorite ways that I like cooking my zucchini. It honestly took me about fifteen minutes or so to have a delicious and a healthy snack as well as a quick appetizer.
- Two medium peeled zucchini
- Olive oil, garlic powder, black pepper, salt to season
- 1/2 Avocado to top ( highly recommended )
- Slice up your zucchini into thin slices and dress them up with your preferred seasonings
- Place your zucchini slices into a heated pan.
- Once they start getting soft, add in your chopped cilantro.
- Once they start getting browned, place it in a dish and serve atop with avocado
- Bon Apetit!
Hope you all are having an amazing day! The weather here in New York is super cloudy and rainy. You know what a rainy day calls for? Yes, you guessed it right! Comfort food! When I think of comfort food, I think pasta, cheese, bread, basically anything that is carb overload! I had lots of mini potatoes thats been sitting and I thought why not roast them up. That’s exactly what I did. Here is a simple , yummy and easy roasted potato recipe you definetely should try! Let me know what are some of your favorite food you enjoy eating on rainy gloomy days!
- 15 mini potatoes ( I cut them up in halves after boiled )
- Olive oil, garlic powder, rosemary, Sea salt, Black pepper to Season
- Go ahead now and boil your potatoes ( mine took a really long time..like 45 mins )
- Once your potatoes are done cooking, cut them in halves and season them with olive oil, rosemary, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper.
- Preheat your oven to 375. Lay your potatoes on a rack or/ aluminum and let it roast for 30 mins.
- You’ll know when your potatoes are ready when they get a beautiful brown colored edges.
It’s been a busy month for me but I am officially back! It’s the summer time and I have been definitely enjoying it! My partner and I have been taking advantage of this nice sunny weather and hitting the beach as well as biking around parks. There is something about this weather that has me craving refreshing meals that don’t need a lot of meal prepping nor high heat cooking but I have an exception. Literally these past few days, I have been making ” quesadilla/wrap ” that involves just spinach and extra sharp cheddar cheese! Yes, you read that right. Only two ingredients! Well actually three ingredients because you need your flour tortilla! It’s honestly super simple to make, healthy serving of spinach and super Yummy! Comment below what are the things you like eating during summer!
- Cup of baby spinach
- Serving of extra sharp cheddar cheese
- Flour tortilla
- Heat up your pan with a little bit of oil/ or butter and place your tortilla
- Add a bit of cheese and spinach and add some more cheese 😛
- Now just take one side of the tortilla and fold it in half.
These days I have been super busy and have missed blogging! I am back once again with a smoothie recipe that should have been posted last friday! Smoothie’s have been a favorite of mine these days, especially green smoothies that include some type of green goodness. Also, the weather definitely calls for smoothies! Here is a recipe of the smoothie that I have been loving last week.
- cup of spinach
- frozen banana
- cup of mixed blackberries, raspberries, and strawberries
- chia & hemp seed mixed blend
- 1 cup coconut almond milk
- Go ahead and place all your ingredients in a food processor or a blender and add the coconut almond milk of your choice and blend it! Enjoy!
I love to snack! I don’t know how people can just eat three meals and not snack. I love looking forward to snack time. I eat my three meals but also fit in my 3 snacks. My routine is usually like this. I’ll have breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, and snack. It will all really depend on what’s going on that particular day and how busy I am. My recent snack obsession has been homemade guacamole with blue corn chips. I prefer homemade guacamole than any other store bought brand . The store bought Guacamole just doesn’t taste nowhere as good as when I make it.
Guacamole is super healthy. I can eat a whole bowl of it without realizing it. But hey, it beats any junky snack that’s available. I’ll keep telling myself its the good fat so no worries ;). This recipe is super simple and super delicious as an appetizer, snack, and hell, even as a sandwich spread!
- 2 Fresh ripe avocado
- 1 Lime
- Bunch of Cilantro
- 1 Red onion
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 Tomato
- Black pepper, Cayenne pepper, salt to taste
- Go ahead and chop your ingredients up, I’ll admit, it makes it easier to use a food processor and let it chop finely.
- If you are using a Food processor to chop your ingredients, make sure to add some squeezed lemon juice so it can get even more flavorful.
- Place your finely chopped mixture and add it to the avocado in a separate big bowl.
- Once you have all the mixture in with the avocado, put a tablespoon of black pepper, cayenne, salt, and a tad squeeze of lime juice and mash it until you get a desired creamy texture.
I am back yet again with a delicious healthy smoothie recipe! After all, I did promise that every Friday I will be showcasing a smoothie that I’ve been loving this week. The weather this week has me drinking smoothies daily. Smoothie’s are perfect for days when it’s scorching hot and you don’t know what you want to eat. This recipe definitely refreshes you and keeps you feeling satisfied and your hunger at bay!
- Frozen Banana
- 1 cup Baby Spinach
- 1 cup Frozen/fresh Raspberries & Strawberries
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Chia seed & Hemp seed blend
- Gather all your ingredients and blend them all up & enjoy!
What smoothie recipe’s or refreshing drinks have you been enjoying this week? I’d love to know. Also stay tuned for more healthy smoothie inspirations every Friday!
I am going to be sharing with you my favorite moisturizer at the Moment! When I am choosing a skincare moisturizer, I try to find one that has plant based ingredients. Just natural ingredients I can actually pronounce. Please do educate yourself when choosing what to put on your skin. It’s really important that you stay away from toxic chemicals and ingredients that are in most mainstream products nowadays. They do more harm than good in the long run.
My skin is typically on the drier side so I do moisturize my face everyday, especially every morning after I have washed my face. I also try to incorporate lot’s of water throughout my day. It’s really important you make sure you stay hydrated! I really feel a difference when I am not drinking enough water and my skin does suffer. So do stay hydrated by drinking water and include lot’s of fruit into your meal plan.
Every few months or so, I like to try out different moisturizers for my skin. Currently the one I have been testing for about 3 months is SHEATERRA ROSE HIPS REPLENISH FACE CREAM. It supposedly says it replenishes dry aging skin and plumps cell. I love the natural ingredients and it’s made with pure moroccan rose water! Let me tell you, It smells divine. I love rose hip scent and it will leave your skin feeling soft and smelling like roses! Once you apply it to your skin, it leaves it smooth and really hydrates it. I am almost done with my container and I wouldn’t hesitate to purchase another container.