This is a super easy and simple recipe that can be eaten for breakfast, lunch, dinner or hell even snack! Super easy to include whatever your heart may desire! Also burritos are a great addition to your meal plan as it’s very easy to include lots of greens in and take less than 15 minutes of your day to make! Check out the video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH3adCumU18
Check out an easy and super healthy red lentil soup with kale & Broccoli video recipe! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrTmfEo5yJk
I Hope everyone is having a lovely week. Today’s post is all about eggplant! Since I don’t eat meat, I find that eggplant replaces that meaty texture and is a great substitute. I see a lot of recipes incorporating eggplant in dishes that would call for meat. Eggplants are a much healthier alternative! Eggplants are a very good source of fiber, vitamin b1, copper, vitamin K, and vitamin b6. I am going to be sharing with you one of the ways I love to prepare my eggplant, and all it calls for is some garlic, parsley, and olive oil. One of my all time favorite way to eat eggplant is babaghanoush ( basically eggplant blended with tahini ). Be sure to look out for my simple easy babaghanoush recipe I will be posting very soon! Lets give eggplants some love 😛
- Medium sized Eggplant ( cut into thin slices, the thinner the faster it cooks )
- Chopped garlic
- Extra virgin olive oil ( for flavor )
- Black pepper, salt for taste
- Slice your eggplant into thin slices ( The thinner the quicker it cooks )
- Gather a small bowl and mix tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, chopped garlic, and parsley, black pepper, and salt.
- Go ahead and brush your eggplant slices with the mixture and heat up your pan.
- Place the eggplant slices and let it cook.
- You will know when the eggplant is done cooking when it gets a rich brown colored and is soft and starts smelling beautifully 😉
- Go ahead and enjoy. If you are feeling a bit naughty, sprinkle with some mozzarella cheese or parmesan!
I typically grocery shop twice a week. I like shopping for fresh produce every two days and so during the week if I have time. We have a small refrigerator and you could only pack in so much. My grocery list every week consists of bananas, garlic, onions, spinach, kale, avocados, and whatever type of vegetables/fruit that happens to be on sale. I got lucky this week and got a bunch of reasonably priced fresh zucchini ( squash ). In this post, I am going to be sharing with you one of my favorite ways that I like cooking my zucchini. It honestly took me about fifteen minutes or so to have a delicious and a healthy snack as well as a quick appetizer.
- Two medium peeled zucchini
- Olive oil, garlic powder, black pepper, salt to season
- 1/2 Avocado to top ( highly recommended )
- Slice up your zucchini into thin slices and dress them up with your preferred seasonings
- Place your zucchini slices into a heated pan.
- Once they start getting soft, add in your chopped cilantro.
- Once they start getting browned, place it in a dish and serve atop with avocado
- Bon Apetit!
Hope you all are having an amazing day! The weather here in New York is super cloudy and rainy. You know what a rainy day calls for? Yes, you guessed it right! Comfort food! When I think of comfort food, I think pasta, cheese, bread, basically anything that is carb overload! I had lots of mini potatoes thats been sitting and I thought why not roast them up. That’s exactly what I did. Here is a simple , yummy and easy roasted potato recipe you definetely should try! Let me know what are some of your favorite food you enjoy eating on rainy gloomy days!
- 15 mini potatoes ( I cut them up in halves after boiled )
- Olive oil, garlic powder, rosemary, Sea salt, Black pepper to Season
- Go ahead now and boil your potatoes ( mine took a really long time..like 45 mins )
- Once your potatoes are done cooking, cut them in halves and season them with olive oil, rosemary, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper.
- Preheat your oven to 375. Lay your potatoes on a rack or/ aluminum and let it roast for 30 mins.
- You’ll know when your potatoes are ready when they get a beautiful brown colored edges.
It’s been a busy month for me but I am officially back! It’s the summer time and I have been definitely enjoying it! My partner and I have been taking advantage of this nice sunny weather and hitting the beach as well as biking around parks. There is something about this weather that has me craving refreshing meals that don’t need a lot of meal prepping nor high heat cooking but I have an exception. Literally these past few days, I have been making ” quesadilla/wrap ” that involves just spinach and extra sharp cheddar cheese! Yes, you read that right. Only two ingredients! Well actually three ingredients because you need your flour tortilla! It’s honestly super simple to make, healthy serving of spinach and super Yummy! Comment below what are the things you like eating during summer!
- Cup of baby spinach
- Serving of extra sharp cheddar cheese
- Flour tortilla
- Heat up your pan with a little bit of oil/ or butter and place your tortilla
- Add a bit of cheese and spinach and add some more cheese 😛
- Now just take one side of the tortilla and fold it in half.
I am back yet again with a delicious healthy smoothie recipe! After all, I did promise that every Friday I will be showcasing a smoothie that I’ve been loving this week. The weather this week has me drinking smoothies daily. Smoothie’s are perfect for days when it’s scorching hot and you don’t know what you want to eat. This recipe definitely refreshes you and keeps you feeling satisfied and your hunger at bay!
- Frozen Banana
- 1 cup Baby Spinach
- 1 cup Frozen/fresh Raspberries & Strawberries
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Chia seed & Hemp seed blend
- Gather all your ingredients and blend them all up & enjoy!
What smoothie recipe’s or refreshing drinks have you been enjoying this week? I’d love to know. Also stay tuned for more healthy smoothie inspirations every Friday!
So every week now, I try to change up my weekly smoothie. I’ll usually stick to a smoothie recipe I am really loving until I get tired of it. This week it’s been Spinach, strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, coconut water, hemp seeds, chia seeds, and a spoonful of Organic Green Superfood powder ( for the additional greens ). I think from now on, every Friday I will be posting a smoothie recipe…and call it smoothie of the week. I would love for you to join me and share your smoothie of the week as well.
- Cup of mixed berries ( Strawberries, Blackberries, Raspberries )
- Cup of Coconut Water
- Cup of Baby spinach
- Tablespoon of Chia Seed
- Tablespoon of Hemp Seed
- Tablespoon of Green Super Green powder ( Goes by the brand of Sun food )
- Now once you have all your ingredients, go ahead and blend it all up.
- I know, it doesn’t look appetizing at all! But hey, don’t judge a book by it’s cover! I guarantee though that it tastes delicious and it is super packed with nutritious goodness that your body will surely thank you!
New York City weather is driving me insane. These past few days, it’s been chilly. Sun will come out now and then. I just want it to be consistently warm! It is already may after all! I have also been really congested lately. Maybe it has to do with the weather..I don’t know. But I do know one thing for sure! Eating abundance of spicy foods surprisingly helps with the congestion! I have been eating variety of dishes that include lot’s of spices and herbs. I am going to be sharing with you my latest favorite super simple spiced dish.
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup quinoa ( I used tricolor )
- Maya Kaimal Butter Masala ( in the flavor of creamy tomato & ginger )
- Curry powder / Turmeric/Paprika/Salt/Black pepper
- Sautee your mushrooms until they are soft, and then add in your garlic and the broccoli.
- Now go ahead and add your curry powder, black pepper, turmeric
- In a separate pot of pan, place 2 cups of water and add in your choice of cup of quinoa. Let it cook until all the water has been absorbed. ( usually 20 mins )
- When your broccoli has started to look soft, add the butter masala into the pan and let it cook on medium to low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Once your quinoa is done as well as the vegetables, transfer to a dish and enjoy!
Middle eastern cuisine is actually one of my favorite. I have been a pescatarian for about 2 years now. The only exception is I have cut out all other fish except salmon! From now and then, I will have myself a helping of a salmon dish. I love that the middle eastern cuisine is very friendly in incorporating lot’s of vegetarian ( and can easily be adjusted vegan with few swaps here and there ) friendly meals. I am all about herbs and fresh produce. I love falafels, tabouleh, vegetable kebabs, bread soaked in olive oil, spanakopita..the list could go and on.
Oh, yes, I didn’t forget about HUMMUS! Hummus dressings, warm pita drenched in hummus spread, celery and carrots dipped in hummus, hummus scooped by the spoon ( Yes, I do that when I am telling myself to lay off the carbs a bit ) Living in New York city kind of got me spoiled. All around New York City, is full of amazing middle eastern and mediterranean restaurants with some nice twists of hummus dishes. I recently came across a nice big can of Garbanzo beans in my cupboard and the first thing that came to my head was to attempt to make a simple hummus dish! I totally saw, came, and conquered! All I will ever need is this hummus recipe! It was super quick to make and I am going to share my simple recipe with you all. Go and get yourself some nice fat warm doughy pita bread. You won’t regret it.
- Cup of Garbanzo/chick peas ( I used can version )
- 1 whole slice lemon
- Cumin/Black pepper/Paprika/Sea salt
- 2 fresh garlic cloves ( not pictured )
- Extra virgin cold pressed olive oil
- Cup tahini ( sesame seed paste )
- So, first thing you do is put the tahini inside the food processor ( or blender ) and squeeze your lemon and mix ( 30 seconds ) until you see the mixture has gotten creamy
- Add in some olive oil and mix again for 30 seconds
- Now, Add your garbanzo beans, your spices, and fresh garlic, some more olive oil and mix for about 1 minute or until the mixture becomes creamy.
- Now, I just transfer the hummus goodness to a bowl and finish garnishing it with lots of olive oil for my pita bread that’s getting toasted.