Check out an easy and super healthy red lentil soup with kale & Broccoli video recipe! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrTmfEo5yJk
New York City weather is driving me insane. These past few days, it’s been chilly. Sun will come out now and then. I just want it to be consistently warm! It is already may after all! I have also been really congested lately. Maybe it has to do with the weather..I don’t know. But I do know one thing for sure! Eating abundance of spicy foods surprisingly helps with the congestion! I have been eating variety of dishes that include lot’s of spices and herbs. I am going to be sharing with you my latest favorite super simple spiced dish.
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup quinoa ( I used tricolor )
- Maya Kaimal Butter Masala ( in the flavor of creamy tomato & ginger )
- Curry powder / Turmeric/Paprika/Salt/Black pepper
- Sautee your mushrooms until they are soft, and then add in your garlic and the broccoli.
- Now go ahead and add your curry powder, black pepper, turmeric
- In a separate pot of pan, place 2 cups of water and add in your choice of cup of quinoa. Let it cook until all the water has been absorbed. ( usually 20 mins )
- When your broccoli has started to look soft, add the butter masala into the pan and let it cook on medium to low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Once your quinoa is done as well as the vegetables, transfer to a dish and enjoy!