So my partner and I did a huge grocery/pantry shopping 🛒 and I thought why not track my grocery/budget shopping to keep me accountable. For this new year we both want to start eating healthier as well as save money. We like shopping in bulk because it saves us from going to the local market each and every time we need something and anyways when you shop bulk its most always cheaper. So for now on I want to start posting every month my BJ’s haul as well as some weekly grocery hauls here and there. So for this BJ’s trip we spent much more than usual just because we don’t have access to our car ( its being repaired) and took this chance and borrowed my partners mom’s car and stocked up on some staples as you will see..we doubled up on each item. Im guessing this should last us at least until sometime in February. This whole haul cost us exactly $307.50 as you can see from the photo I I didnt include the Perrier nor the 2.5lb of coffee as well as eggs, quinoa and four pounds of cheese ( dont judge 😒😋 )
Hope you all are having an amazing day! The weather here in New York is super cloudy and rainy. You know what a rainy day calls for? Yes, you guessed it right! Comfort food! When I think of comfort food, I think pasta, cheese, bread, basically anything that is carb overload! I had lots of mini potatoes thats been sitting and I thought why not roast them up. That’s exactly what I did. Here is a simple , yummy and easy roasted potato recipe you definetely should try! Let me know what are some of your favorite food you enjoy eating on rainy gloomy days!
- 15 mini potatoes ( I cut them up in halves after boiled )
- Olive oil, garlic powder, rosemary, Sea salt, Black pepper to Season
- Go ahead now and boil your potatoes ( mine took a really long time..like 45 mins )
- Once your potatoes are done cooking, cut them in halves and season them with olive oil, rosemary, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper.
- Preheat your oven to 375. Lay your potatoes on a rack or/ aluminum and let it roast for 30 mins.
- You’ll know when your potatoes are ready when they get a beautiful brown colored edges.
It’s been a busy month for me but I am officially back! It’s the summer time and I have been definitely enjoying it! My partner and I have been taking advantage of this nice sunny weather and hitting the beach as well as biking around parks. There is something about this weather that has me craving refreshing meals that don’t need a lot of meal prepping nor high heat cooking but I have an exception. Literally these past few days, I have been making ” quesadilla/wrap ” that involves just spinach and extra sharp cheddar cheese! Yes, you read that right. Only two ingredients! Well actually three ingredients because you need your flour tortilla! It’s honestly super simple to make, healthy serving of spinach and super Yummy! Comment below what are the things you like eating during summer!
- Cup of baby spinach
- Serving of extra sharp cheddar cheese
- Flour tortilla
- Heat up your pan with a little bit of oil/ or butter and place your tortilla
- Add a bit of cheese and spinach and add some more cheese 😛
- Now just take one side of the tortilla and fold it in half.
So every week now, I try to change up my weekly smoothie. I’ll usually stick to a smoothie recipe I am really loving until I get tired of it. This week it’s been Spinach, strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, coconut water, hemp seeds, chia seeds, and a spoonful of Organic Green Superfood powder ( for the additional greens ). I think from now on, every Friday I will be posting a smoothie recipe…and call it smoothie of the week. I would love for you to join me and share your smoothie of the week as well.
- Cup of mixed berries ( Strawberries, Blackberries, Raspberries )
- Cup of Coconut Water
- Cup of Baby spinach
- Tablespoon of Chia Seed
- Tablespoon of Hemp Seed
- Tablespoon of Green Super Green powder ( Goes by the brand of Sun food )
- Now once you have all your ingredients, go ahead and blend it all up.
- I know, it doesn’t look appetizing at all! But hey, don’t judge a book by it’s cover! I guarantee though that it tastes delicious and it is super packed with nutritious goodness that your body will surely thank you!
Middle eastern cuisine is actually one of my favorite. I have been a pescatarian for about 2 years now. The only exception is I have cut out all other fish except salmon! From now and then, I will have myself a helping of a salmon dish. I love that the middle eastern cuisine is very friendly in incorporating lot’s of vegetarian ( and can easily be adjusted vegan with few swaps here and there ) friendly meals. I am all about herbs and fresh produce. I love falafels, tabouleh, vegetable kebabs, bread soaked in olive oil, spanakopita..the list could go and on.
Oh, yes, I didn’t forget about HUMMUS! Hummus dressings, warm pita drenched in hummus spread, celery and carrots dipped in hummus, hummus scooped by the spoon ( Yes, I do that when I am telling myself to lay off the carbs a bit ) Living in New York city kind of got me spoiled. All around New York City, is full of amazing middle eastern and mediterranean restaurants with some nice twists of hummus dishes. I recently came across a nice big can of Garbanzo beans in my cupboard and the first thing that came to my head was to attempt to make a simple hummus dish! I totally saw, came, and conquered! All I will ever need is this hummus recipe! It was super quick to make and I am going to share my simple recipe with you all. Go and get yourself some nice fat warm doughy pita bread. You won’t regret it.
- Cup of Garbanzo/chick peas ( I used can version )
- 1 whole slice lemon
- Cumin/Black pepper/Paprika/Sea salt
- 2 fresh garlic cloves ( not pictured )
- Extra virgin cold pressed olive oil
- Cup tahini ( sesame seed paste )
- So, first thing you do is put the tahini inside the food processor ( or blender ) and squeeze your lemon and mix ( 30 seconds ) until you see the mixture has gotten creamy
- Add in some olive oil and mix again for 30 seconds
- Now, Add your garbanzo beans, your spices, and fresh garlic, some more olive oil and mix for about 1 minute or until the mixture becomes creamy.
- Now, I just transfer the hummus goodness to a bowl and finish garnishing it with lots of olive oil for my pita bread that’s getting toasted.
So this will mark my 9th month of not applying aluminum based deodorant. The mainstream deodorants out there are heavily toxic! They all include ” Aluminum ” which is a metal and it is used in deodorants to temporarily block your sweat glands from perspiration. Your underarm pores are visible and overtime, all that medal seeps through your pores. Sweating is good for the body! It’s your bodies way of ridding itself out of toxins. Instead, millions of people have been brainwashed that sweat is bad and that we must slather our armpits with antiperspirant deodorant. It’s pretty sad really how we have been brainwashed. Commercialized deodorants also have been linked to breast cancer, and many other diseases.
Don’t you want to be on the safer side? It’s only common sense that if you feed yourself right, you should also want to treat your appearance as well with the right things like haircare products, skincare products..etc. Really, just be mindful on the products you do use on your body. If the ingredients on the back just sound too hard to pronounce, then ditch that product out and find a natural alternative.
I’ll admit, the process was and is still scary. I am a huge sweater. Like, I can sweat even without doing any hard work. I haven’t personally found a deodorant that REALLY works for me yet. The journey still continues. Here are some of the ones I have tested out. I will rate them from top to least favorites.
- Primal Pit paste ( Lavender ) – This is the one I am currently been wearing at the moment. It has a subtle scent, not at all overpowering and seems to only work half the day and you have to reapply again. I would give this a 7.5
- Schmidts ( Bergamot – Lime ) – This has a really nice lemony scent. The thing I don’t like about this deodorant is it makes my underarm itch. A little product goes a long away. If I put too much, it starts clumping. I would give this a 5
- Zatik ( Lavendar sage ) – This smells okay. It’s advertised as a lavender scent but I don’t get much of that scent. It smells very plain. Doesn’t do the job at all at keeping the sweating or smell at bay. I would give this a 4
- Soapwalla Deodorant Cream ( citrus ) – I liked using it at first but the application just annoyed me. I’d get my hands dirty because you have to apply it with your hands and the citrus smell just did not work with my body chemistry at all. I would give this a 3.5
- Kiss my Face ( Patchouli ) – I envisioned the smell to be nice and subtle. The smell was just so overpowering and it bothered me. I would give this a 2
- Jasons ( Fresh cucumber ) – JUST NO.NO.NO.NO. Smells absolutely horrible. Would not suggest to anyone. I don’t know how this was advertised as fresh cucumber? Gave this a zero.
Have anyone of you lovely readers tested any of these deodorants or have any suggestions? I’d love to hear your feedback!
It’s a lovely day and I am here to present you with a delicious guilt free indulgent snack! They are super delicious, includes only 4 simple natural ingredients, and is very quick to make! No baking required! These are the perfect sized snack to eat whenever you want instant energy and all the ingredients are sure to keep you satisfied for hours!
Cup Cocoa Powder
Huge spoonful of Almond butter
Huge spoonful of hemp hearts
Now that you have gathered all your ingredients, put everything into the food processor (if you don’t have one, you can use the blender )
Now turn that food processor, and MIX MIX MIX
Doesn’t that just look simply beautiful?! So now you’ll have a thick smooth sticky mixture, and all you need to do now is assemble them into little balls or however size you want them. Once you have put all the mixture into portion sized balls, you can then also dust the balls with some more cocoa powder and put them into the fridge for about 30 minutes to get more a solid shape but it’s not a necessity! Now pop one into your mouth and enjoy!
It literally only takes about less than 5 minutes and you have yourself a delicious healthy snack!
So, I want to talk bout body wash! Particularly my recent favorite body wash by the brand OMSHE AROMATHERAPY. I happened to stroll around Marshalls in Brooklyn, New York and decided to pick up a bottle of the shower gel since the ingredients seemed natural and smelled so good. I really love that it has organic essential oil blends. Ever since I have finished my first bottle, I have went out and purchased more bottles and have been really satisfied using them. I can’t pick a favorite because they are just uniquely one of a kind. Since it’s been getting warmer out, I am really enjoying the mango coconut oil scent. It smells too delicious! What is your currently favorite body wash/gel at the moment?