These days I have been super busy and have missed blogging! I am back once again with a smoothie recipe that should have been posted last friday! Smoothie’s have been a favorite of mine these days, especially green smoothies that include some type of green goodness. Also, the weather definitely calls for smoothies! Here is a recipe of the smoothie that I have been loving last week.
- cup of spinach
- frozen banana
- cup of mixed blackberries, raspberries, and strawberries
- chia & hemp seed mixed blend
- 1 cup coconut almond milk
- Go ahead and place all your ingredients in a food processor or a blender and add the coconut almond milk of your choice and blend it! Enjoy!
I try to personally not eat eggs all the time. At the moment, I am cutting down my intake of animal/ dairy products. I will have eggs when I have a craving for them which is usually once every other week. I try to not eat them often due to ethical reasons and when I do eat them, I always get cage free eggs. I don’t have access to a local farm as I live in the city but I do try my best to purchase humane ones as possible.
This morning I woke up and was conflicted on what I should eat for breakfast. I didn’t particularly have a taste for anything. I looked inside my fridge and I saw that my mushrooms had to be eaten as soon as possible or else they’d go bad. I had spinach. I also had eggs. So I whipped up a really quick and simple yet nutritious breakfast.
- Baby spinach
- Cherry tomatoes
- Cumin/Salt/Pepper/Yellow mustard/Avocado ( to top )
- Heat some olive oil in a pan, place the mushrooms and let it cook until all the water content from the mushrooms have disappeared.
- Add the chopped garlic, black pepper, cumin, salt, cherry tomatoes and the baby spinach and let it sautee for about 6 minutes.
- Now go ahead and boil the eggs and once done, set it on a plate. I love eating hard boiled eggs with yellow mustard and top it off with an avocado ( I had about half an avocado that was about to go bad so I used the rest of it )